Philips model 635V, 1940
This was the simpler of two 6V battery powered Philips export market table radios offered in 1940.
The cabinet is identical to that of the type 313A. The audio shares uses a reflex circuit with the IF amplifier. As a result the entire radio employs only 3 tubes, minimizing power consumption.
The power supply uses a synchronous mechanical 6V chopper, with rectification effected by a second set of contacts.
This radio has been
equipped with a transistorized switching circuit to replace the mechanical